“Green” Wedding Gift Ideas for Everyone on Your List
May 16, 2016 by Just Marry!
Here at Just Marry!, we’ve followed a “green” work philosophy for many years. We present to our clients using electronic tablets rather than printed out photos or documents, we use secure electronic faxing and online bill payment rather than paper forms, we conduct Skype meetings and make conference calls, and we all work remotely (carpooling whenever possible) to reduce our ecological footprint. We love our planet and enjoy making eco-friendly recommendations to our clients, so today’s post features some green wedding gift ideas you just have to check out!
Don’t miss these green gifts that would suit anyone on your list:
- Anything from this Fair Trade Certified Gift Guide. From chocolate to coffee to bedding, you can buy a fair trade version of it. You can feel particularly good about buying gifts featured on sites like this one because all purchases go to helping farmers and workers (or others who need it).
- Sustainable home goods from sites like com. Whether it’s a repurposed film reel turned into a unique wine rack, beautiful recycled glassware, or a useful reclaimed wood book holder, these gifts offer new life to old things, keeping them out of overburdened landfills.
- Seedling trees like these from Green World Project. You can even make it a special part of your wedding that you plant one of the seedlings together as a couple, showing your guests how it should be done.
- Donations to a local charity. As a wedding couple, asking guests to make donations in your names to a charity you support is a great way to avoid waste and bolster your community. You could also make donations to the favorite charities of your wedding party or other special guests, but we recommend giving them a little something else they can keep as well.
- Home décor gifts from Viva Terra. We especially love the Blossom Tea Pot and Teadrops Tea gift set!
- Recycled serving-ware like this chip and dip set by com. It looks so natural and is absolutely beautiful, proving that you don’t have to sacrifice quality when giving green gifts.
These are just a few of our favorite green wedding gift ideas. If you have some others that you’d like to share, please leave us a comment!