Essential Items to Include in Your Honeymoon Emergency Kit
November 7, 2016 by Just Marry!
Items for Your Honeymoon Emergency Kit
After twenty-five years of handling weddings and events, we’ve become experts when it comes to planning for the unknown. Our team of planners each has a wedding day emergency kit that includes everything from sewing supplies to Band-Aids and everything in-between. In short, we’ve got you covered for your wedding!
But we certainly won’t be along on your honeymoon, so what will you do if something unexpected happens? We suggest you put together a Honeymoon Emergency Kit ahead of time, being sure to include these essentials:
- Your travel documents. Look, you can always buy items like sunscreen, a hairbrush, or even clothing if you forget them. What you can’t buy at the last minute is a new passport, airline tickets, travel visas, insurance documents, etc. We recommend keeping all of your critical travel documents in one secure place, like this stylish Zoppen multi-purpose RFID-blocking passport wallet. We love that it comes in so many colors and helps protect your personal information. Keeping everything together will ensure you have it for your trip. It also wouldn’t hurt to have photocopies of all of this information stored in a second place just in case you lose anything.
- A credit card. We suggest using a credit card for your honeymoon, preferably one with rewards on it that you don’t use for anything else. This will help you keep accurate track of all of your honeymoon purchases and, if you cap the limit on it, keep you from overspending. It’s also among the money secure ways to make purchases
- A list of all confirmation numbers. You don’t want to be scrolling on your phone through e-mails or texts hunting for confirmation numbers. Keep one master list of all confirmation numbers, preferably on a piece of paper in case your phone’s battery dies.
- Charging cables. Speaking of your phone dying, make sure you bring the cables needed to charge all of your devices. Be aware of any differences in power types that may exist between where you live and where you’re traveling in case you’ll need an adapter.
- Important phone numbers. Much like your confirmation numbers, you’ll want a list of all important phone numbers, such as your parents, your doctor, your pet sitter, and your credit card company, in case any of them need to be notified in an emergency.
- Prescriptions. If you’re on medication, keep it in the prescription container and make sure it’s in your emergency kit. Stock up on enough to get you through your honeymoon. While they aren’t as critical, it’s also best to pack any over-the-counter medications you might need like aspirin, motion sickness tablets, antihistamines, etc.
- Plastic bags. It helps to keep wet or dirty clothing and shoes separate from your clean items, so bring along plastic bags to store them.
While there are plenty of other items you’ll need to pack for your honeymoon (hello, bathing suit and sunglasses!), they aren’t nearly as essential as those on this list. If you’ve got an emergency item you’d add, let us know. We’d love to hear from you!
Do you have some wedding planning questions for us or are you interested in having an Orlando destination wedding? Just leave us a comment or e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get started on your planning right away!