Destination Weddings: Should You or Shouldn’t You?
January 14, 2015 by Just Marry!
Here’s the scenario: Jenny and Tom, a couple who lives in the central U.S., have always dreamed of a beach wedding…and not just a lakeside event, but something next to the ocean. They want to stand on the white sand as the sun sets and exchange their vows in front of their family and friends. Clearly, their best option to achieve the wedding they envision is to have a destination wedding.
So…what do Jenny and Tom have to consider?
They should have a destination wedding if…
– They can’t find a location they love closer to home.
– They want to go outside of tradition and do something different.
– They don’t mind planning from a distance and letting someone else handle the details.
– They want a smaller (more intimate) guest list.
– They’re seeking a wedding with a vacation or honeymoon built right in.
They shouldn’t have a destination wedding if…
– They can’t imagine getting married without all of their closest friends and family in attendance. After all, not everyone will be able to afford the travel expenses, time off work, etc.
– They’re on a tight budget. Sometimes, destination weddings can be a less expensive alternative to a traditional wedding, but depending on the size and location of the event, destination weddings can add up…airfare, transportation, accommodations, entertainment expenses, not to mention the wedding itself. So decide wisely!
– They want more control over their wedding plans. If you’re the type of couple who likes to handle very details and meet with vendors before they’re hired, planning a destination wedding might not be for you. Fortunately, many destinations offer experienced planners like our team here at Just Marry! to assist you even across thousands of miles!
In the end, Jenny and Tom opted to have a destination wedding, and it turned out to be everything they dreamed!
Are you considering having a destination wedding here in Orlando? Let us answer any questions you may have. We’d love to work with you on your special day!