8 Themed Bridal Shower Ideas
February 1, 2015 by Just Marry!
Are you a wedding attendant, close friend, or family member of an engaged couple? If so, you’re probably planning on hosting a bridal shower. We thought it would be fun to give you some of our favorite shower themes experienced by our couples and trending on Pinterest. Check these out:
- Rustic Vintage. Although this trend seems to have reached its peak, it’s still going strong. For this theme, serve beverages in Mason jars, light candles in antique lanterns, tie the chairs with burlap sashes, and send invitations on chalkboard-inspired paper. Lace details also provide a lovely vintage touch perfect for bridal showers.
- Throwback. Consider designing a theme around the decade of the bride’s birth. Got a 90’s bride? Give out scrunchies as party favors and offer guests bean bag chairs. An 80’s bride? Decorate with vibrant, neon-like colors and load up the iPod with one-hit wonders. A 70’s bride? Bring out the disco ball and bellbottom pants. And let’s not forget our flower child theme for 60’s brides!
- Slumber Party. How much fun would it be to have a bridal shower complete with popcorn, hot chocolate, chick flicks, and adult-sized footie pajamas? Get your best pals together and party the night away—casual style.
- Opulent Elegance. A la Breakfast at Tiffany’s or The Great Gatsby, hosts are going classy and romantic. From ornate script on the invites to favors brushed with gold, this theme will leave guests breathless! Be sure guests dress in their finest to enhance the theme.
- Garden Party. Simple and sweet, the garden party is a sweet shower theme that will never go out of style. Use a fresh spring color palette, soft floral accents, and an assortment of treats like petit fours, frosted cookies, and pink lemonade to bring this theme together.
- Tea…Mad Hatter Style! We’ve seen some fun bridal shower teas done with a twist: guests don their favorite hats and attend a tea party inspired by the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. Hosts can choose to go as bold and colorful as the Queen of Hearts’ red painted roses, or as whimsical and stylized as the illustrations in Lewis Carroll’s book. Both theme styles are a hit!
- Al Fresco Picnic. Bring out the picnic tables or spread your favorite blankets on the ground and host a picnic-themed bridal shower. Offer guests colorful covered cups to keep the elements out of their choice of beverage, and bring along a couple of festive games to play outdoors.
- Travel. Does your bride love to travel? Create areas in the shower venue that pay homage to places she been (or wants to go). A Paris-inspired gift table, Moroccan-themed guest tables, a Mexican fiesta at the buffet…let your imagination go wild! For an added touch, include decorative vintage travel trunks or feminine hat boxes as accents.
As you can see, the options are really endless! Have you been to (or planned) a bridal shower with a fun theme? Let us know in the comments.