What Can I Realistically Expect to Spend on My Wedding?
August 8, 2016 by Just Marry!
Cost of a Wedding
If you’re just getting started on planning your wedding, you may have no idea what to expect to pay for your wedding services. The truth is that costs vary across the U.S. and around the world. Invariably, though, thanks in part to amazing weddings featured on social media, wedding magazines, and television, couples find that the cost of what they want far exceeds their budget.
Don’t let this discourage you, though! We say that an educated couple makes smart decisions with their wedding budget. If you know the average cost of services, you can plan to save what you need to plan the wedding of your dreams.
- Average cost of a wedding (U.S. national average): $29,858
- Average cost of a wedding planner (average includes all ranges of services from ceremony only on the low end to Full Service on the high end): $3,262
- Average cost of a wedding dress: $1,357
- Average cost of a wedding venue (includes food and beverage, tables, linens, plating and cutlery, waitstaff, etc.): $12,343 – $14,006
- Average cost of a wedding photographer: $2,095 – $2,556
- Average cost of a wedding videographer: $1,678
- Average cost of wedding flowers: $2,141
- Average cost of a wedding DJ: $988
- Average cost of wedding favors: $275
There’s obviously quite a bit of range in the high and low end of the pricing scale for each of these services, so be sure to remember that this is an average. If you’re a bargain hunter, you’ll likely pay less. If you’re having an elaborate, elegant wedding on a prime date, you’ll likely pay more. Hopefully this at least gives you some guidance as you get your planning underway!
Are you interested in having an Orlando destination wedding? Just leave us a comment or e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get started on your planning right away!