The Anatomy of a Signature Cocktail
July 24, 2016 by Just Marry!
Our team was recently invited to participate in a wine-tasting and mini-sommelier session with Masterful Wine Events. We haven’t yet experienced this fun and educational activity, but we’re all looking forward to it so much that it got us talking about weddings, wine, and cocktails.
Some of our couples either can’t afford several hours of open bar or they simply want a fun and tasty way to show their personalities in their wedding. Serving a signature cocktail is a great solution to both scenarios.
So what makes a great signature drink? Here are some things to consider:
- What do you and your spouse like to drink? The signature drink should appeal to both of you. If you can’t agree, offer two signature drinks instead.
- Is there a drink that has meaning to you? This can be a simple way to choose a signature drink. If you met in New Orleans at Mardi Gras, for example, you might want to serve up a variation on a Hurricane. Be sure to put up a pretty sign sharing the significance of your drink with your guests.
- What kinds of food are you serving? You’ll want the drink to pair well with most of the food you’ll be serving. If you’re having a light, summery meal, you wouldn’t want to serve something heavy like White Russians. If you’re serving up desserts, you probably won’t want a bitter lager-type beverage. Ask your caterer for suggestions.
- What season is it? Serving up a seasonally appropriate signature drink is always a hit. If you’re getting married in the summer, for example, you can serve up a white fruity sangria tinted your wedding color.
- What is/are your wedding color(s)? Making a drink in your wedding color is a fun way to tie it in with the rest of your wedding.
- Do you have a theme? Pairing your signature drink with your wedding theme is another tried-and-true way to make this decision. If you’re having a Mad Men or Gatsby-style theme, for example, a martini or highball might be the way to go. Going rustic-chic? Try a spiked lemonade.
If you’re considering having a signature drink at your wedding, let us know and we’ll be happy to help you create something perfect for you!
Are you interested in having an Orlando destination wedding? Just leave us a comment or e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get started on your planning right away!