Selecting a Wedding Date
November 7, 2017 by Just Marry!
Selecting a Wedding Date
They say that your wedding day is the most important day of your life – but just how do you go about picking this significant date? To some this may seem like an easy task, but for others it can be tricky, especially if there’s a specific day of the week or time of year when you’d like to host your wedding. With 365 days in the year, you’d think the possibilities would be endless! For many couples, however, an anniversary date, a certain holiday, or a day of the week can limit them to the date they select.
Here are our tips on selecting the perfect date for you!
- Keep Travel in Mind. Many of our couples are hosting destination weddings, which means they have to take into consideration that their guests need time to book and pay for travel, and also need to schedule around work and/or school obligations. Picking the right day of the week can help alleviate potential restrictions created by outside commitments.
- Work around Work. If you or your guests typically work Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 schedules, then a weekend wedding date may be best for you. For example, Saturday could be a good day for your wedding so people can take the last flight out of the day on Friday, attend your wedding, and then fly back out on Sunday in order to prepare for the workweek on Monday. A little weekend getaway and no one has to miss work!
- Pick a Date that is Special to You. Think back to your first date, that first anniversary, or any other special day to you. This could be the perfect way to honor the two of you officially coming together as a married couple. And how sweet is it to have the story of why you picked that date behind it?
- Double the Holiday Fun. Love the holidays? Did you meet on Valentine’s Day? Some couples like to opt for a holiday wedding, since it lets them gather with their loved ones for the holiday season, and they get to share a special memory on that already special day!
- Keep Price in Mind. If you are on a tight budget, sometimes a weekday or a morning wedding can make all the difference for you. Hosting a brunch versus a dinner can also cut costs, which can help keep the date you have in mind within your price range.
- Do what is Best for You. While picking a date may seem daunting for some and easy for others, the most important thing is that you select a day that means something to the two of you and makes you happy. No matter the day, time of year, etc., those who are able to attend will be sure to celebrate the nuptials and help make your day that much more memorable!
Whatever the day you select, the most important thing to remember is that it is your day and you will forever celebrate on that day for the rest of your lives. Whether it’s a Tuesday or a Saturday, you can rest assured it will be a day you won’t ever forget!
What date do you have in mind or did you select? What factors led you to select that date? We’d love to hear about it!
Baffled on where to go next in your wedding planning? Let us know how we can help! E-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away.