Overcoming Wedding Planning Pressure #TipsandTricks
May 16, 2018 by Just Marry!
Overcoming Wedding Planning Pressure | Tips and Tricks from the Recently Hitched
Tips and Tricks from the Recently Hitched is a series featuring real advice from real newlyweds. We’ll share their tips and offer a few of our own tricks, sometimes bringing our vendor partners into the mix. Together, we’ll make sure you have the best planning experience—and wedding day—possible! Be sure to stalk us on all of our social media platforms to discover different ways we address every topic in this series.
Today’s tip comes from Anita, who recently married the love of her life, Jared. Anita’s tip is incredibly timely with the Royal Wedding coming up in just a few days. (You know you’ve been addicted to news about it just like we have!) Here’s what Anita shared with us:
“Social media and television add so much pressure to people planning their weddings! We get enough pressure from the people closest to us, bless them. We don’t need to add the pressure of measuring up to celebrity weddings. My tip to other brides is don’t feel you have to compete with everyone else when planning YOUR wedding. Make the decisions that work best for you and your budget.”
Anita, you made such an excellent point! Celebrity (and Royal) weddings tend to get a lot of press, which can result in couples looking to those weddings as standards when planning their own. Rather than feel pressured to spend more money than you can afford to host a “Royal Wedding” yourself, simply draw some inspiration from the weddings you admire and design your wedding with a similar vibe.
We’ve put together some ideas to help couples find less expensive ways to achieve high-dollar looks for their weddings. You can download the guide here:
When it comes to this topic, we’ve got a few other tricks up our sleeve! Let’s break down a few elements we’ve learned about the Royal Wedding and offer budget-friendly alternatives you could try:
– The guest count. The Royal Wedding will have more than 2,600 guests…WOW! The lower-cost alternative to this one is obviously inviting fewer guests. Our first word of advice to all couples is to narrow down your guest list as much as possible, allowing your budget to stretch further so you can include more of the fun and memorable elements you envision.
– The date. The Royal Wedding will take place on Saturday, May 19th, 2018. A Saturday in May is prime time for weddings here in Orlando and other parts of the world, resulting in higher price tags for venues and services. Hosting your wedding on another day of the week or even during a non-peak time of day can save you money.
– The broadcasting. The Royal Wedding will be a worldwide event televised and streamed live on multiple networks. If you’re hosting a wedding and some of your beloved guests can’t attend, talk to your videographer about streaming options. Be sure to schedule your wedding for a time where watching it live will be convenient for your viewers!
– The bachelorette party. Meghan Markle had a bridal shower/bachelorette party involving a glamorous spa day for her and her closest friends. You can do the same with your gal-pals! If you can’t afford to pay for everyone to go to the salon, consider having a “home salon” day instead where you all do each other’s nails. It will make for a wonderful memory!
– The accessories. The Royal Bride’s attire and accessories will remain a mystery until the wedding day, but we absolutely love the Horizontal Bar Bracelet Meghan recently received as a baptism gift. The Birks bracelet from their Rosée du Matin collection runs about $925. You can get a similar bracelet like this one we found on Amazon for less than $150. Never shy away from shopping for bargains similar to the high-end looks you love!
Be sure to download How to Have a Royal Wedding on a Commoner’s Budget for more of our wedding planning tips and tricks. If you have a topic you’d like to contribute to a future Tips and Tricks post or you’d like to join the Just Marry! family while planning your wedding, e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away!