What to Expect at a Bridal Show
August 16, 2015 by Just Marry!
If you’re engaged, odds are that you’re planning to attend at least one bridal show. Bridal shows are a great way to meet all of the wedding professionals you need for your wedding all at once. These events typically draw large crowds, which can make meeting your ideal wedding vendors a challenge. Here are a few simple tips before your first bridal show to avoid becoming overwhelmed:
- Review the list of attending vendors prior to the show. Research the vendors and decide who you absolutely want to meet. This will help give you some focus as you wander the aisles at the show.
- Request a follow-up meeting. If you find vendors you like, give them your information and try to schedule a meeting. You’ll receive a lot of information at the show, and you don’t want to accidently forget who you really want to hire for your wedding.
- Use labels. Print your name, address, phone number, email address, and wedding date on peel-and-stick labels to make sharing your information with vendors a breeze.
- Create a wedding-only email address. That way, you don’t have to deal with all of the follow-up email in your regular email.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be walking the bridal show floor for an hour or two. Make sure your feet don’t regret it!
- Carry two bags. Put the information that interests you in one bag and the information that doesn’t in another. Trust us…it’ll be a relief not to have to sort through all of the information you’ll receive at the show, and having designated bags will help ensure that you don’t misplace something important.
- Bring a guest. We suggest that you invite your mom or a friend or two so they can help you remember all the great ideas you’ll find at the show. Encourage them to take notes so you can give the vendors your attention.
- Don’t forget a camera! Photos are a great way to prompt your memory about things that interest you at the show, and you will capture some great memories from your wedding planning.
If you have other questions about attending bridal shows (or other wedding questions), please reach out to us in the comments!