5 Things to Know about Wedding Planners
June 11, 2016 by Just Marry!
If you’ve found our blog, odds are you’re considering (or have already booked) an all-inclusive wedding package and/or wedding planning services. Congratulations! We thought it’d be helpful to share five things you should know about us:
- We do this because we love it. Weddings are a billion dollar industry, but wedding planners don’t make much money unless they specialize in high-end events. There’s also a lot of stress in making someone’s wedding dreams come true, making this job not for the faint of heart! In short, we do this because we absolutely love to work with couples on planning the most special day of their lives.
- We can’t control the weather. Making a rain call is by far one of the worst things we ever have to do. We take no pleasure in pulling an event inside, especially if the skies are blue. We know that the weather can change in an instant, though, so if there’s a 50% chance or higher that it will rain during your ceremony, we have to pull it inside.
- We hate to disappoint you. Whether it’s making the rain call or somehow overlooking a detail related to your event, we absolutely hate upsetting our clients. Rest assured that we always do our best not to make all-too-human mistakes!
- We need to be met halfway. Every couple is a priority to us, but when we’re on-site at a wedding, that couple is priority #1. Please have patience with us if we don’t immediately respond to e-mails or phone calls, keeping in mind that your day will come soon and you’ll want us focused entirely on you. Also, please make sure you send us the correct contact information and that your voicemail is set up (and not full) so we can reach you. We can’t wait to chat with you!
- Much of what we do isn’t very glamorous. Hollywood has given the impression that wedding planners run around in high heels and expensive clothes, coolly issuing orders into a headset while everything magically happens. In truth, we’re usually in flats and nice (but absorbent) clothing, running around while overseeing the site setup, vendor arrivals, distribution of personal floral, seating guests, etc. We communicate with our team largely by text, so if you see us on our phones, we’re not on social media…we’re making sure everyone and everything is just as it should be.
Do you have any other questions about wedding planning? Please leave us a comment or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to answer them for you!