Trends in Wedding Attendant Attire
So you and your future spouse have chosen your wedding attire. Congrats! Now it’s time to turn your attention to your attendants. Wonder what’s on trend in wedding party attire these days? Check this out:
- Fashion forward is the name of the game. Today’s wedding party attire reflects the fashion you see coming down the runways. Couples who truly want their attendants to be able to re-wear the attire they purchase can more easily do that today than in years past.
- Halter necklines. We’re seeing a number of halter style bridesmaid gowns. This neckline is flattering for many different body types, making it ideal for groups of females with various figures.
- Black tie for the men. Where recent years have seen a trend of more casual suits in colors like pale blue and khaki, there’s been a return to the black tie look. Grooms and their attendants are enjoying stepping out in the formal tux and bow tie.
- Sheath silhouettes. The elongating look of the sheath dress has given this style a boost in popularity. To help offset the severity of this look, designers are including soft, flowy fabric panels around the upper body.
- Bold suit colors. At the opposite end of the black tie spectrum is the introduction of color in men’s suits. We’ve seen a lot of royal blue and rich purple alongside the more traditional black or navy. Definitely a cool look for photos!
- Showing some leg. One of our favorite trends in bridesmaid dresses is the introduction of a slit (or two) in the long skirts of many designs. This offers some practical ventilation and a sassy, sensual style that appeals to today’s fashionista.
- Checks. More fashion-forward grooms are choosing suits for their men with a fun, trendy checkered pattern. We consider this among the trends that couples may question in ten years, so make sure it’s a style you love!
- Lots of lace. The popularity of rustic-chic and Boho-chic weddings have brought a resurgence of lace in ladies’ wedding attire. We love this timeless, sophisticated look and hope this trend is here to stay.
Let us know how we can help you bring all of your wedding details together! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you right away.