Pros and Cons of Using Drones at Your Wedding
Drone photography and videography have sure grown in popularity over the past few years! When a tech trend like this comes along, vendors have to learn to make adjustments so they’re prepared to incorporate it into their clients’ events. As wedding planners, we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly of this innovative way to capture events.
If you’re considering having a drone at your wedding, there are a few things to consider. First, many venues now require that drones be operated only by professional drone operators who provide proof of insurance as well as proof of compliance with FAA rules about drone operation. Drone operators may also have to acquire a waiver to operate on the venue’s property. Clearly, DIY drone photography or videography is unlikely to make the cut! Always check with your venue before booking this service.
Once you’ve confirmed drones are allowed at your venue, is having one really right for you? Here are some pros and cons to help guide you in your decision:
- You’ll end up with an amazing and unique perspective of your wedding that you can’t capture any other way.
- It will be a WOW factor for your guests.
- You’ll end up with a memorable showcase of your wedding that you’ll be able to watch for years to come.
- They can sometimes be noisy and distracting.
- They’re challenging to operate and accidents can happen.
- There will be an additional cost involved, often hundreds of dollars. Definitely consider your budget!
- They’re weather-permitting for outdoor events. Most venues will only allow drones indoors if the ceilings are high enough to protect guests from possible injury.
Did this help you make a decision about whether or not to use a drone at your wedding? Feel free to weigh in with a comment!
If you’d like information about our wedding planning services, hosting an Orlando destination wedding, and joining #myJMfamily, e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away!