Orlando Wedding Welcome Basket Must-Haves
The majority of our couples travel here to Orlando from around the world to host destination weddings. That means their guests usually travel great distances, too. If you’re hosting a destination wedding, it’s a lovely touch to present your guests with some form of welcome gift or basket to thank them for going through the extra time, effort, and investment to attend your wedding.
Today we thought it would be fun to include some welcome basket must-haves specific to Orlando. These items will be sure to get your guests excited about their visit to The City Beautiful:
- An itinerary. While this is a vacation for your guests, it’s a significant time for you and your future spouse. Providing your guests with an itinerary that includes all of the important wedding activities and what time guests need to arrive is critical to ensuring your destination wedding flows perfectly and keeps you stress-free.
- Theme park maps. The most popular attractions in Orlando are our many theme parks and water parks. Go online and print out or request by mail some theme park maps and ticket information to share with your guests.
- An eating guide. Take the guess-work out of finding places to eat by presenting guests a list of Orlando dining highlights. Break it down by price point to make the list even more helpful.
- Oranges. Orange juice is the official beverage of the state of Florida, and we’re well-known for our citrus groves. Be sure to add at least one fresh, ripe orange for each guest in their baskets. Marmalades are also a great option, but be cautious if guests can’t take it home with them through customs.
- Sunscreen. We’re called The Sunshine State for good reason! Include some SPF 30 or higher sunscreen in each basket to make sure your guests aren’t lobster-red in your wedding photos.
- Flip-flops. Encourage your guests to take it easy and relax during their Orlando visit. Flip-flops are the unofficial footwear for Floridians, so you can all look like natives.
- Sunglasses. See above about our brilliant sunshine!
- Bottled Water. Help your guests stay hydrated in our sunny city by providing bottles of water. Zephyrhills water is bottled locally, so you can support local businesses by including this brand in your welcome baskets!
- A Thank You Card. The most important part of any welcome basket is a personal note from you thanking your guests for being a part of your special day. Craft your notes on Florida-inspired note cards like these adorable flip-flop cards or these lovely themed pastel cards.
Are you planning an Orlando Destination Wedding or do you need help creating the perfect Orlando welcome baskets for your guests? Let us know how we can help! Simply e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away.