Five Fun Summer Wedding Themes
While it has felt like summer here in Central Florida for a couple of months, we only just reached the official first day of summer according to the calendar. This season remains one of the most popular choices for couples to host their weddings around the country. If you happen to be such a couple, maybe one of these fun summer wedding themes will appeal to you!
- Tropical beach. When you think of summer, you usually think of water and the beach, making this a natural wedding theme. Just Marry! partners with several properties boasting beautiful beach locations for wedding ceremonies. You can embrace this theme through your floral choices (tropical and bright floral works wonderfully well), your theme color (sandy tan, soft aqua, and bold coral are popular choices), and accents (such as sand dollars, starfish, and beach sand). Keep the attire on the more casual side, too. No need for big ball gowns and heavy suits on the warm summer sand!
- Summer berries. It’s berry season, so why not bring this fresh, tart fruit into your wedding theme? Start with a wedding theme color reminiscent of berries, such as raspberry pink, blueberry blue, or strawberry red. Add berries to your floral and centerpieces, include berry accents in your stationery design and smaller décor elements, and create a menu celebrating this popular summer fruit to bring everything together in a positively delicious way!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream. William Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” remains one of his most well-known plays. Bring nature and romance into your wedding theme and turn your special day into an unforgettable night. Choose a venue with plenty of trees, floral, and greenery, schedule your ceremony towards dusk, and decorate with twinkle lights within the trees, floating lanterns around the venue, and plenty of candles on the tables. Don’t neglect the fairies! It can be fun to have your wedding attendants wear fairy wings or place mischievous fairies around the venue to surprise your guests.
- Vintage travel. If you’re having a wedding in Central Florida, there’s a good chance you’re traveling here from abroad…not to mention that summer often involves travel for vacations. That makes a travel theme perfect for you! Bring in vintage suitcases to serve as a focal point among your décor. Use quirky postcards or mock airline tickets as your place cards. Have guests sign their names on a globe or a map of somewhere significant to you as your guest book. Give luggage tags as favors. There are so many ways to capture this fun theme!
- Pops of color. Summer is all about bright, bold energy and color. Don’t be shy about designing your wedding theme around this concept. There are many brilliant tones that work well for summer weddings, and there are just as many ways to bring those colors into your wedding, from your attendant attire to the linens, to the lighting and the food. Bonus idea: decorate with colorful balloons and have an Up..perfect if you’re getting married here near Walt Disney World®!
We’d love to hear from you with some of your favorite summer wedding themes. Reach out to us in the comments or on social media with your ideas!
Would you like information about wedding planning services, hosting an Orlando destination wedding, and joining #myJMfamily? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you right away!