10 Ways to WOW Your Guests at Your Orlando Destination Wedding
In our twenty-five years of business, we’ve worked with thousands of couples who traveled to Orlando to host a destination wedding. It’s safe to say we’ve picked up a few things over those years! If you’re an existing Just Marry! couple or you’re considering having your wedding in Orlando, here are some things you can do for your guests that will surely WOW them:
- Make it a vacation. Orlando is one of the world’s top vacation destinations. It can be hard for guests to justify spending the money it takes to travel for a wedding, so hosting it in a place where they can also take their family on vacation will help them balance the cost. Once they see how much Orlando has to offer, they’ll most definitely be WOWed!
- Throw an unforgettable welcome party. The options are endless for venues to host an amazing welcome party. Take your guests up in the Orlando Eye, rent out the Lennon Room at Hard Rock Live, dine at Sleuth’s Mystery Dinner Theater, or enjoy the dueling pianos at Jellyroll’s on Disney’s Boardwalk. Let us know what you’re looking for and we can help you plan it!
- Create a welcome table. Enhance your welcome party with a trendy DIY welcome table. Set out odds and ends like travel-sized sunscreen, mini liquor bottles, flip flops, candies or mints, sunglasses, luggage tags, or travel fans and let guests craft their own gift bags. This is also an affordable alternate if you have to skip a full-on welcome party to stay on budget.
- Help them find things to do. When you send your Save the Dates, include a helpful list of the many parks and activities in and around Orlando. Include pricing where you can and direct guests to websites for more information. They’ll really appreciate the time you’ll save them!
- Arrange fun transportation on the wedding day. The odds are good that your guests will all be traveling to the ceremony from the same location. Imagine the looks on their faces if a limo, a party bus, or a trolley shows up to transport them!
- Invite unexpected guests. Orlando is home to many types of entertainment. Consider hiring Disney characters, Hollywood impersonators, or Walking Tables to drop by and visit with your guests after the ceremony.
- Take the party to the parks. Here in Orlando, the party doesn’t have to end after you say “I Do!” You can watch the fireworks while hosting an EPCOT dessert party or enjoy a few cocktails while partaking in island cuisine at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville at Universal Orlando, for example.
- Give them flowers. Arrange to have fresh flowers delivered to your guests’ rooms to bring a smile to their day. As an alternate option, set out metal pails with fresh flowers in them at your ceremony and allow guests to create their own bouquets. So fun and unexpected!
- Use a celebration hashtag. Every wedding should have its own hashtag so everyone can enjoy the photos, but why not extend it to a celebration hashtag that guests can use throughout their time in Orlando? Everyone will have a blast seeing what other guests are doing in The City Beautiful.
- Craft a time capsule with some of your mementos. Guests will acquire numerous ticket stubs, receipts, photos, park maps, and other mementos that they might not want cluttering their closet. Create a time capsule with those mementoes (have guests write messages on them if they can) and plan on opening it for your first, fifth, or tenth wedding anniversary. Consider offering a prize to the most unusual memento contributed!
Would you like information about our wedding planning services, hosting an Orlando destination wedding, and joining #myJMfamily? E-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away!