10 Fun Things to Do with Your Orlando Destination Wedding Guests
Planning a destination wedding here in Orlando isn’t just a good idea…it’s an exceptional one! Few other destinations give you the opportunity to plan an unforgettable vacation while at the same time offering world-class ceremony and reception locations. If you’re planning an Orlando destination wedding and you’re looking for things to do to entertain your guests, don’t miss these:
- The theme parks. Come on…you knew we’d mention this one! Orlando is home to Walt Disney World© Resort, Universal Studios© Orlando, and Sea World© Orlando, three of the largest and most popular theme parks in the world. We partner with some incredible wedding venues within minutes of these attractions, making your planning a breeze!
- The water parks. Not to be outdone by their theme park cousins, Orlando’s water parks are second-to-none. Try out Disney’s Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, Universal’s Volcano Bay, or Sea World’s Aquatica. Keep the season in mind though, as not all of the water parks are open during the winter.
- Go golfing in style and comfort. One of Orlando’s newest attractions is Top Golf Here you can rent a bay for you and up to five guests (or get two bays for up to 12 guests) where you can sit, relax, have some food and drinks, and golf to your heart’s content. This is a wonderful activity for golfers of any skill level, and we can attest to that! Our team just went out there for a visit and had a blast, even those of us who had never held a golf club before.
- Check out some celebs. Can’t get enough of Hollywood’s biggest and brightest stars? Check them out at Madame Tussaud’s Orlando! For the cost of a ticket you can walk through the museum and take photos with stars like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Ryan Gosling, Anne Hathaway, and Johnny Depp.
- Get a bird’s eye view of the city. Right next to Madame Tussaud’s is one of Orlando’s most iconic attractions, the Orlando Eye. Each car offers 360-degree views of the city, and you can even spring for a champagne treat for you and your guests to enjoy.
- Dance to dueling pianos. Jellyrolls at Disney’s Boardwalk is the most popular dueling piano bar in the city. Guests 21 and up can enjoy food and drinks while witnessing an astonishing display of pageantry by two piano maestros.
- Have your fortunes read. If you’re up for a day-trip, consider venturing out to Cassadaga, about 45 minutes south of Orlando. Known as the Psychic Capital of the World, Cassadaga is home to many spiritualists and mediums. You can be sure this won’t be like any other experience on your wedding trip!
- Hit the outlets. Many who venture to Orlando do so strictly for the amazing shopping. Two of the most popular outlet malls in the city are the Orlando International Premium Outlets and the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets. Between the two locations, you can find more than 300 designer and name-brand stores offering significant cost savings. Be sure to bring along an extra suitcase for the return trip home!
- Picnic in the park. No one said you have to spend tons of money to enjoy a destination wedding in Orlando. This city has many beautiful lakes and beaches, perfect for afternoon picnics! Try Lake Eola or Moss Park in Lake Nona for two beautiful picnic locations.
- Enjoy a nature walk. Another free and fun entertainment option is Orlando’s Mead Botanical Garden. This 48-acre suburban oasis is located in Winter Park just outside of Orlando. You and your guests can spend the day strolling through the gardens, including an impressive Butterfly Garden, for free!
Are you interested in arranging any of the above activities for you and your guests? We can help, right down to booking your transportation! Simply e-mail us at email@example.com and we’ll get back to you right away.
photo by Tab McCausland Photography